1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Reluctantly Withdrawing from SAL

I have agonized about this for a few days and have finally decided that I am withdrawing from SAL 2015. I have found 3 quilt kids that have not been started and I have a couple of WIP's that need my attention. Back to work next week so February will be a blur. I will be watching closely to see all of your lovely quilts but am afraid I don't want to bite off more than I can chew at the moment.
Any of you that know me personally know that if I decide to do something I like to do it well.
Full time work, a pickles business on the side and the many projects I have going and planned at home will demand a lot of time.
I am sure you are all familiar with this routine.
I will finish off the January project that I have started.
Have fun girls, I will be watching from the sidelines.
Sorry to Chooky and Susan also.
 
Hugs Kate

14 comments:

Susan said...

Going to miss your contributions.

Asta Buchanan said...

Will miss you on SAL 2015 but understand where you're coming from - Look forward to visiting you at "Show and Tell" and seeing what you are up to!

Janice said...

I'm sorry you won't be playing along this time, but best to make the decision now before adding another UFO to the mix. I'll enjoy seeing you make progress on your other projects and getting that design wall in use.

Simone Harding said...

That is sad for us but right for you.

creations.1 said...

Will miss you here Kate - will keep up with your antics at Show and Tell

Anonymous said...

I will look forward to seeing all the other beautiful creations you make kiddo.xx

Love Bears All Things said...

It is a big commitment and hard to keep up even if you don't have a full time job. I don't blame you and know you will be relieved you made this decision.
Mama Bear

Marlene said...

Hi Kate, I am a new blogger, just wanted to say I love your work and your blog! Glad you have made the decision that's right for you.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That is sad Miss Kate to hear that bit we will be watching you on your new sewing space xxx

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Sorry to hear that. love your blog.

Chookyblue...... said...

bugger bugger bugger..........well we better see a productive shed this year.....happy sewing.....

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Your such a busy little beaver!!.. I don't know how you get through all the things you do!….we'll miss you :( Xx

Jenny said...

Not to worry Kate. We know your still with us in your heart and ours. Cant wait to see what comes out of that studio this year.

Dawnie said...

Gee Kate, that is a shame, you do awesome work. You can change your mind, today is only Day 1 and I have only started now.