1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

update..........

HI Girls
Sidebar is updated............only 5 stitcheries finished while I was away..........great to see lots of patterns arriving.............hope to see heaps more done in the next few days...........not long til the end of the month.......and really Christmas Wishes is pretty quick........come on whip cracking.......get moving........
For all of you worrying about getting it all done.........we are all going to learn something from this quilt.........lots of techniques...............AND if your dragging the chain the whip comes out...........we are all committed to do this together........so we will help and support each other to get it done..............
Happy Stitching
Chookyblue...........
PS I have a few new girls who have asked to join but I cannot contact you.........
I have a few emails I need to reply to too..........

7 comments:

Narelle said...

Borders, sandwiched and binding on 'Christmas Wishes'. Just need to hand stitch and add a little quilting :o)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Glad ,ones done xxx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That should say ....mines done darn iPad x

Indigo Blue said...

I am not a signed up member but I am having a ho at the stitchery. I will watch and see how this works as I might like to join next time.
I agree with your comment a Peg. Most of my wrong spellings are iPad linked just as I press SEND.

Susie said...

yes well I was taking my time as I want to make something useful with the stitchery. I think I have decided upon a little wall hanging for my sewing room. I'll get started today (hopefully if six kids at home will allow it?)

Larissa said...

Christmas Wishes is done, and made into a little mini quilt/hanging :) I'm just hoping to get a little more stitching done on my last SKoW block (I've been working on it over the last week) and then I'll post my progress. Hoping to get the top for that one done by the end of the weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to watching everyone's quilts grow chooky xx