1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

January Complete and Pattern Arrival

Here is my January  stitchery, I used a Nancy Halverson fabric called Tidings for the border.  The binding Iam  unsure of.




Here is my copy of  Natures Journey,  it arrived from Patchwork  Angel last week!

Now I am deciding what  fabrics  to use. I am trying hard not to  purchase  any (who am I  kidding! ). Not sure if I  will go will brights or a mix of Tilda and oriental  fabrics. As to background colours,  I  have some rather (in my opinion)  nice lightish greys. I just wish I could decide  and stick to it.

Hugs  and Happy stitching
Sharon 

6 comments:

creations.1 said...

Your January Project looks great. I was dreading picking fabrics but took the plunge this afternoon and all done!!

Chookyblue...... said...

Tilda would be nice to see this in............either way i will be nice.........light grey backgrounds would work.......

Chookyblue...... said...

oh and lovely stitchery........

Susan said...

I was thinking tildas too at one stage- I think it would be lovely and light grey for the "blue"backgrounds and maybe some pinks for the border backgrounds...looking forward to this

Noela said...

The choice of fabrics is always the hardest for me, change my mind so many times before I choose so good luck. Hugs......

Susie said...

Pretty finish.