1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I'm Still Here!

Despite my good start and my excellent intentions, I'm now way behind. Between parents with medical issues, teenagers with medical issues and some with just bad attitude, the height of the swimming season and co-ordination costumes for a cast of 12 for a comedy based in England during World War 1. (The costumes are just amazing - beautiful ladies' gowns.). Anyway, the month of Fevruary disappeared and we are well into March.

Thank goodness I opted for the BOM option from Anni - hate to think where I'd be without all that help.

Here is my progress so far:

My outlines are done. My appliqué pieces cut. I now have an hour to get some more sewn into,place. Hoping for some more progress as the day goes on. And I'm not looking at all the other bits and pieces that need my attention. Today is Nature's Journey Day. 

March BOM has arrived in the mail. Gorgeous blocks once more. Looking forward to catching up,by the end of March. Loving seeing everyone else's posts. 

Marg

6 comments:

Sonia said...

You can do it!!!!

Susan said...

Sounds like you are doing pretty well considering everything!

Noela said...

Life has a habit of getting in the way sometimes. Keep going, you will catch up soon I'm sure.

Wendy said...

you can do this! You will catch up and be ready for the next month soon.

Susie said...

You'll get there - better late than never I say.

Chookyblue...... said...

we all have too many things cutting into our lives.......never know whats around the corner........