1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, March 1, 2015

February blocks done.....

My apologies Chooky and Susan for my late post. Finished the last 2 blocks today. Have used a mixture of French General fabrics with a few odd pieces from my stash. I've really enjoyed fussy cutting the fabrics and stitching these although  in the future I will allow more time for that process. I have also chosen to use blanket stitch applique instead of needle turn.


 I've left the little circles out of the heart blocks for now as I may add  buttons to the centre but if not will add the circles later.
Congratulations on so many finishes and a big Thank you to Chooky and Susan for pushing us to finish.
See you next month
Noela

7 comments:

Susan said...

Well done Noela...looks like a few us were "under the threat of the whip"!!!

Buttons are a great idea for those stupid little - oh I mean cute little - circles.

Chookyblue...... said...

gosh there are tiny circles on those hearts?????woops missed that bit so far.........I think I will leave it as the hearts.........nice blocks...well done........

Marlene said...

Hi Noela, your blocks are lovely. Great idea about the buttons....wish I'd thought of that!

Unknown said...

Hi Noele, love your imagination and your colour difference. So excited to see the end product. Well done. Meg xx

Susie said...

Gosh I just love these!!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looking so good Noela xx

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Love, Love, Love French General! That is my choice too. Happy stitching.