1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, March 22, 2015

A long way behind but.........

Well I thought it was time I posted my progress so far...... I'm still a long way behind but I have made some progress.......

Everything sorted in a folder............. (I work best with organisation and order).. all the blocks arranged into "month" order and labelled with their place on the quilt  (I'm a tad pedantic) :)






Even some small blocks cut ready for later..........



February so far..... all the small blocks finished and the large blocks have the blanket stitch done.... (I know the square's not in the centre but I'm trying to leave it there - the perfectionist in me says redo but I'm trying very hard not to).




March blocks - one small block finished and all the blanket stitch done....



I know I've a long way to go but I think I've discovered a new passion "EPP", Chooky said I would love it once I give it a go and she is so right.... wise words Chooky.

I'm working on the other blocks tomorrow ... wish me luck I might have more finished by the end of the month :)

Some gorgeous blocks finished by everyone .... great inspiration :)

Melanie


6 comments:

Susan said...

Very organised mel - still a while til the 31st!!!

creations.1 said...

I have organised mine this way also! You will catch up in no time!!

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

I love your organization...yikes, I didn't label my blocks. Happy Stitching.

Susie said...

Wow! Now that is organised! I have mine in a similar folder but only once completed. Good work.

Fiona said...

getting there...
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

great to be so organised......makes it easier to work then........so far the blocks look great.....yes you would love EPP......it's addictive.......
goodluck getting these finished in the next few days........