1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, March 2, 2015

Well, I Have My Pattern...

I usually do not order things from overseas if I don't have to.  First of all, I'm so impatient and I hate waiting.  In this case I decided I had to because the pattern was so new I couldn't find it in the states anywhere.  I waited and waited and checked the mailbox everyday and when that beloved envelope finally showed up from Australia I was so excited...that is until I opened it up and found this...


And although I love this book and think it is gorgeous, it was not what I was expecting.  I couldn't even post about it because I was just that disappointed.  I got right on the computer and reordered my Natures Journey.  I'm sure I put the wrong pattern in my cart the first time and they were so gracious to send my second pattern out right way.  You can imagine my elation when this arrived this week...


This is my progress for February...just getting the pattern here.  I'm heading to the sewing room to start cutting some fabric.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

well Gardener's Journal is a great pattern too..........
so pleased your pattern has arrived now..........goodluck.........

Marlene said...

Hi Kristen, so glad you finally got the pattern, now you can have some fun. Looks like you have another quilt to make now too....

Unknown said...

Welldone Kirsten, it was worth the wait. I am so enjoying this quilt, you will be uptodate in no time.

Happy Stiching
Meg

Susan said...

I'm sure you will catch up in no time!

Susie said...

Oh Kristen - we all do things like that. I do love the Gardners journal and have that to do one day too.

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

I guess your disappointment was receiving the book that you did not originally order but I must say...A Garners Journal is a beautiful quilt too. I'm in the middle of that it right now.
So glad they send you your Natures Journey licked-split! Happy Stitching.