1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, March 27, 2015

A late beginning...

Hi everybody,

my name is Christiane and I'm from Germany. It's a little bit late to join the SAL Natures Journey but I had to get the pattern and fabrics first! I've sewn a few other projects by Anni Downs already, the largest was my colourful version of the Simple Life Quilt:
Top of The Simple Life Quilt
I fell instantly in love with Natures Journey when I saw it on Anni Downs' website. I knew I needed to do this quilt. :) I'm so happy to have found so many fellow sewers and I am amazed about all the beautiful blocks that I've already seen here. It's quite a challenge for me! I haven't done a lot of needleturn applique lately. It's going to be a good practice.

For the fabrics I chose to stay with blues for the framed blocks and rose / pink colours for the borders. I hope I can catch up with you all soon...

My fabric choice:

Christiane's fabrics for Natures Journey




I'd be happy if you visit my tiny blog - its's written both in English and German: www.krisell.de.Happy stitching! :)

10 comments:

The Snowflower Diaries said...

welcome on board, dear:-) you chose great fabrics!:-) I am sure you can keep up with us soon!

Love Bears All Things said...

Welcome aboard! You'll catch up quick I'm sure, can't wait to see how these colors work up.
Mama Bear

Susan said...

Love your Simple Life quilt - the colours are lovely.
Glad to have you in the group.

Maria said...

Love your bright version of A Simple Life..
Have fun with NJ.

chrisi said...

es machr viel Soass beim nähen,Gruss vom Nachbarland

creations.1 said...

Your quilt is wonderful - bright and cheery. you will be caught up in no time.

Chookyblue...... said...

welcome to the SAL........you will find many lovers of Anni Downs projects here on our blog........love the fabrics you have chosen and I am sure you will catch up in no time.........
your blog is lovely too........and I like your simple life quilt.....

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your quilt is so bright and beautiful. Love your fabric choices for Natures Journey.

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

great job on the simple life quilt.. I love brights too!
I like your colours for natures journey too.. I'm sure you will catch up. Welcome to the group.

Krisell said...

Thank you all for your warm welcome! :) I'm on my way to our monthly patchwork meeting. I've got NJ in my bag! But it's sooo difficult to choose the right fabrics for the appliques.