Just so that you know that I have been making some attempt at catching up--
here are all my blocks pieced and ready to go.
I am trying a few new things on these stitcheries.
One thing that I did was feed the fabric right through my printer.
I put them too close together in my layouts;
and some of them got cut off in the seam allowances.
But, I am pressing forward on this one...
and then I am making a second one.
I already have the colors in mind; and am so excited!
Another new thing I am trying is
attaching this thin layer of fusible batting to the back of each block
(instead of fusible interfacing.)
It is very thin...and I love this method!
It gives just a little puff to the sewing.
Since this first quilt is experimental,
I am also trying different amounts of thread.
For the first I am using four strands,
then I want to try two strands and compare them side by side.
Just to see before I make the next quilt!
This is four strands.
You can see where I got too close with the printing on this one.
I do like the printing method though!!
I think for the next quilt I am also going to enlarge the blocks to 6 inches.
~~ Hillbilly Tonya ~~