1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

All ready for stitching at sleep school!

I have busted my 'you know what' to get some of the stitcheries traced ready for sleep school with my son this week. They told me to 'bring my craft'. Time to wind down and do something for myself - they say...yeh!! No excuses now......so I of course forgot lots of things for Tom, bibs,bath wash etc trying to get these done - but I'm happy!!! ....now to actually start them..........

I didn't get around to tracing them all, but just happy to get most of them done.



Now, lets just hope he learns to sleep!

Happy stitching everyone...

Susie

7 comments:

Khris78 said...

Happy stitching Susie!!! I hope sleep school goes well!!!!

Anonymous said...

good luck with everything Susie

BubzRugz said...

all the best with stitching and sleeping....
Hugz

Love Bears All Things said...

Bless your heart...I've never heard of sleep school but hopefully it will help him sleep so that you can get some too.
I am going on vacation soon and plan to take mine for something to do in my down time.
Happy Stitching,
Mama Bear

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Susie...sleep school...what is that? Too bad I didnt know about this when my oldest was a babe...I didnt get the pleasure of sleeping back then...hum....best wishes and happy stitching!

Susie said...

Thank you for your best wishes everyone. Sleep school is a wonderful program run by a local hospital which arms mums with confidence and strategies to help their children resettle if they wake too early in the day or night. The first two nights they do everything for you (except breastfeed your child - if that is how you feed) but settle them throughout the night and let you get some sleep. The babies are just far enough away so that you can't hear them but still close by. You can also have sleeping tablets if you wish. from the third day you are the one who then does all the settling...its a five night program (meals cooked everyday!). wonderful..........

Chookyblue...... said...

oh bugger just lots a big comment............so short and sweet goodluck at sleep school..........happy stitching........