1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

3 blocks down!

Only a few to go...LOL..

Block A completed after redoing it in a more suitable fabrics
twice... now to stay with what I have done... yep I like it!

 Block G, just love that sprinkler....

Block F a bit before the Augusts block but I am working on them.
 I now have 3 days to do my 3 stitcheries for the Tis the Seasson...
 can I do it.... will try too Chooky!

 Happy Stitching

 Hugs Dawn x x x

10 comments:

Cubby House Crafts said...

You have some very pretty fabrics framing your blocks!!!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

you can do it Dawn,love these blocks,well done.

Seams Sew Together said...

Loving your fabrics Dawn

Marg said...

Beautiful. I'm trying to find the book. Been so inspired by all the quilts I've seen I'm going to give it a go!! You'll get your other stitcheries done, too. Congratulations!!

Maria said...

I also did it.....wonderful patter...Gardener's journal..I had a great time to embroider.I finished the top.Congratulation for you stitchery.

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Oh this looks so beautiful. What fabric line did you use? Love it!

Dawn said...

I used some Mill House Inn charm packs and Fresh Cottons honey buns by Fig Tree for Moda...all belnds together nicely
hugs Dawn x x

Chookyblue...... said...

super stitching......the blocks look great.........stop changing your mind........lol........lovely fabrics........I am sure you can get your TTS blocks done..........I am struggling with mine..........

Love Bears All Things said...

I like the way the birdhouse is framed in the last block...you can do it, yes you can....
Mama Bear

Jindi's Cottage said...

Gorgeous Dawn...the fabrics are lovely...