1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Made the Middle

Well I have finished  and I am really pleased.

 I stitched some with Chooky on Sunday night and some with my friends Gail and Sheena tonight and now it is ready.  

I have deliberately not sewn on the flower pot yet because I am not sure which will look best. It will be the last thing I stitch. I think  then ,  I will  get the best match as it will be a focal point of the quilt.   

Lea " Fairy Floss Stitches" and I picked the blue but now I am not sure, may be the pink or something completely different... what do you think?

Happy sewing everyone....
BLUE


RED

10 comments:

creations.1 said...

It looks great and I like the pink flower pot!

Love Bears All Things said...

I think the red looks best.
Mama Bear

Fiona said...

well done.. I like them both.. hmmm
Hugz

Asta Buchanan said...

Your centre block is lovely.... both colours for the vase look good but think I'm leaning towards the pink/red.

Krisell said...

I like the pink/red one more, too. :)

Susan said...

Well done - must have been that pressure from Chooky!!! just to be different to everyone else - what about a plum colour - a bit like the top bird?? even a green??? Decisions decisions.

Unknown said...

Nice central block ! I love your fabrics ♥

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

so many choices...I think the blue pot sets of your flowers nicely, but the pink pot is brighter I must say. I like them both...but I'm leaning towards the blue. Looks lovely.

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

I still love the blue!.. the birds look great too.. well done!

Chookyblue...... said...

decisions decisions........was lovely to sew with you.........looks great....sorry still can't decide which colour would be best........