1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Keeping up.

Hello my friends,
I am keeping up, which I am so pleased as my health has not been great.
This is my background fabric joined together for centre panel.


I have spent some time with my fabrics.
Then I fussy cut a few to get the right balance.
At the start of this quilt I cut my
peek a boo border,a border and binding from the same fabric.


A close up of a few.
The butterfly has the same wings as before.


Lady bird in different fabric this time.


A  dragon-fly showing her colours.


The birds remind me of the fantails 
that fly around here.


My finished centre with peek a boo frame.


I am looking at fabric to cut for the next border,
so should be ready for next month.
Happy Stitching,
Clare.

13 comments:

Asta Buchanan said...

Looking lovely and very inspiring!!

Dawnie said...

Wow Clare, good job, this is looking lovely. I hope get better soon

SandyN said...

Wow.. well done in keeping up. Love your choice of fabrics. LOVE the dragonfly and birds.

Jenny said...

Clare i really like you birds. I have had difficult finding the right fabric, but that was a good idea of yours with the strip tail. its lovely.

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
creations.1 said...

Beautiful work Clare.

Fiona said...

your centre block is gorgeous Clare...
Hugz

suzeblack said...

Looks beautiful, Clare! You're very organised to have the first border squares sorted, I'm dreading that...Suze ;)

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Love the birds and dragon fly!.. it looks great Clare

Susan said...

Lovely block Clare - well done.

FloS said...

Lovely !
Florence

Chookyblue...... said...

it's beautiful Clare you have done very well........