1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, July 6, 2015

July on the Way


I thought I would get an early start while on mid year school holidays. One week to go. 

This centre piece takes a lot of planning and I am not so good with colour so I have put mine up on the design sheet to get an idea.  

So may people have posted its  great and good to see whats out there to get ideas for this stage.

I have made a start 




Think my acorn is too pointy



So many pieces


I am not sure about the dark brown stem I will do a bit more and see how I go. Might change them to green yet??? hmmm.

Happy Sewing

Jen.

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Looks great from here miss jenny... Goodluck.....

Khris78 said...

Gorgeous Jenny , they look great up on the design wall :))

Susan said...

A great idea to lay them out like that ...I think I need to go & find a sheet...wait & see about the brown.....

Maria said...

It's looking great..

creations.1 said...

Wow!! Don't they all look great up on that design board!!

Marlene said...

Wow Jen, they look fantastic. I laid all mine out on the bed today to have a look, we really have done a lot of stitching haven't we?