1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, March 1, 2013

Woah....wait a minute....it's still Thursday February 28th here in Canada!

Oh my I am reading Chooky's blog and I feel like I have missed the train!  Dont cut me off Chooky!  I'm here...alive and well and finished my tote in the nick of time!  LOL....Thank God for 'time-zones'!  I have a bit of an advantage living here in Canada...a few more hours to stitch! 
 I love my tote!  I am very happy with how nicely it all came together.  I saw this line of fabrics at my friends quilting store (Homespun Design http://homespundesigns.ca/ ), it's called Oasis.I had to have them....and they are blue!  I will defenitly be in Chooky's good books.  Not that I'm in her bad books but I am in the final hours of our 'dead-line'. 
 I am not so brilliant when it comes to the 'quilting' part so I simply did the crosshatch 'thing'.  I like it.  This fabric already had a lot of swirly doodles happening so I thought the plainer the better so the fabric can do the speaking.  I also changed the wording on my bag.  I hope that's okay?!  I stitched the words....Live, Laugh, Love, Simplify.  After it was all stitched I realized maybe the words were mixed up...should have been Live, Love, Laugh etc.  Oh well, I dont think it really matters. On to March's assignment now.  A lovely little pin cusion.  Happy Stitching, Holly

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

Your bag looks fabulous. Hugs,xx.

Lolastitchida said...

It looks amazing Holly! Wow you sure got going quick and finished it.

Deb R said...

Your bag is lovely, the fabrics divine!

Susan said...

Lovely bag - lucky to sneak in some extra hours!

Chookyblue...... said...

that colour combination is great.......so your definitely in my good books........goodluck with March........