1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, March 17, 2013

I've finished too.

It seems like a few of us have finished or blogged about our March finish, this weekend.  This is such a cute pin cushion.  I may just make another one, but maybe not this month.


I put a circle of Stitch and Shape in the base of it (rolled it and poked it through the hole after turning the pin cushion the right way.)  It gives a bit flatter base which I was wanting.  I also used the bear stuffing beans inside(in a piece of stocking) and then pin cushion wadding around the beans.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks fantastic Marilyn,well done.xx

Susan said...

mmm I wanted something a bit stronger for my base too - so I know it can be done. Looks very pretty.

Noela said...

Very nice Marilyn. Hugs....

Marilyn said...

;)

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Lovely pin cusion Marilyn. I like your idea for the base...maybe in my next one...going on three now. And bear beans eh? Good idea.

Maria said...

your Pin Cushion does look lovely and the idea for the base is great..

Fiona said...

Lovely.... good idea for the base...
Hugz

Deb R said...

well done looks great!

Chookyblue...... said...

cute pincushion......good idea for the base........not sure what I will stuff mine with yet...........