1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Chooky's bags..........

So as you know I moved to Honolulu to finish my bag before the end of the month.......
well slight correction there - bagS.........
What does an idiot do when they are seriously behind the times........they make 2 bags........CRAZY........
Anyway where was I..........Thursday evening I got a call from Jenny.........I was well and truely in the doldrums achieving nothing on all fronts not just sewing........anyway she's a bossy bird  - she told me to unruffle my feathers and get stitching.........I had no chance of getting my bag/s done before the end of the month but I was thinking of moving to Honolulu.....she laughed...........it started to shower rain and it made me a bit better so I got to work..............and then we had 40mls over night my spirits were lifted and I spent the day in the chook shed stitching and sewing and I made the deadline just before midnight in Honolulu...........
To make it quicker I did a running stitching around the edge......makes it look a bit lacey I think...........I like it..........a few omissions here and there but it is done............
This bag will be for me (I think).........a mix of randon fabric, French Generals and Anni Downs Christmastime which worked well together........
And because I had heaps of time i cut this one out too...........mainly French Generals...........
The backs...........
So happy they are done.............
Still 9 bags to be done.......guess those girls will be using their one and only pass..............
Ok better get March organised NOW...........
Keep Stitching............
Chookyblue...........

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

Those fabrics do go well together. I like your lacy looking edging too.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

They look great. Love your fabric choices.

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Nice chooky

Jan said...

Love your bag(s) you mad woman - talk about putting way too much pressure on yourself. So pleased the rain made you feel better.

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

yay...you got there! Your bags look great. Nothing like a nice rainy day to get you stitching. Xx

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

very nice chooky. But am I understanding you correctly? Did you move from Australia to Hawaii? Like I mean did you MOVE as in sell farm, pack up house and move? Or did I miss a few blogs and you are just on vacation and you moved destinations? LOL

Jenny said...

The bags are fantastic Chooky. 2 bags you must have got busy. You can smooth those features and sit on the nest until the next SAL is due... I love the lacy effect.

Jude said...

They look really great