|(Shhh!!! Don't tell Chooky *wink*, but I've already made my thread catcher for January!!!)|
My fabric one (R) will replace the green plastic container (L) I've been using for the last year!
My sun and presents block just needed stitching on them last time I posted ... this leaves me with one block left to finish on the end row ... my
My house block came together really quickly!! I'm not 100% happy with the fabric on the house - kinda too plain - and I'm tempted to put some vines going up it to brighten it up ... but that will be figured out at a later date, if at all :)
And my flowers are looking super pretty. these were actually not as bad as I thought they'd be - which is good, as I have the tree block to work on next *wink*. I just used the alfoil method to make sure the circles were pretty close to precise, and that made things go heaps quicker!! I also changed up the wording (though, admittedly it's not placed wonderfully!) as I'm not a huge fan of getting down and dirty in the garden. I much prefer wandering through (or sitting in ... on a chair or bench, lol!) a garden bursting in glorious blooming flower beds ... than actually getting down on my hands and knees in the dirt to create said beds!!
I've got the next two blocks in this (middle) row prepped (sorry, no photos yet) and ready to start the needle turn on them, but first I need to finish off a table runner for my daughter's teacher/carer at childcare - her last day is this coming Thursday ... Preschool begins the following week!!! - and get some hours logged in on my next assignment.