1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Some 'Catch-Up' Stitching!

After deciding that I REALLY needed to get myself into gear and make some progress on my "A Gardener's Journal" blocks, I've spent a very pleasant weekend doing some catch-up stitching ... in between the usual household chores of course. SIGH! How much more stitching could I get done if only those housework faeries would come and visit me! :0)

Now, our recent holiday gave me a bit of stitching time and a wet day this week gave me a bit more, then yesterday and last night we played "Let's Avoid The Election Television Coverage" and the resulting movie marathon helped me make even more progress. So this morning when I headed for my sewing room to add some piecing, this was my little stockpile of stitcheries ...


After a bit of head-scratching over the flower wreath blocks (remember, while I LOVE stitching, I'm not overly experienced at patchwork techniques!! Plus ... I think I missed some important instructions somewhere! Tee! Hee! Hee!) I managed to piece two more blocks ... June and July's blocks, so I guess even though I'm still behind on the Stitch-A-Long schedule, I'm no quite as FAR behind! :0) So here's the results of my head-scratching and piecing ...

Block C, "There's No Place Like Home". And boy oh boy was 'building' that house a marathon! I think I could almost have build a REAL house in the same time!! :0) That's June's block and ...



Block H Garden Tools was July's goal block. Considering my patchwork inexperience and the missing instructions (OK ... so maybe there WEREN'T any instructions missing and it just SEEMED like it cos I'm instruction-impaired! Tee! Hee! Hee!) I was pretty pleased with how the flower wreath and violet wreath came together.

So far, this is how my quilt is shaping up ...
Hmmm ... for someone who isn't really a patchworker, I seem to be doing quite a lot of piecing, don't I?! :0) I'm loving how it's all coming together ... and was even inspired to head out into my own garden this afternoon ... at which point, I probably resembled the lady I'm stitching at the moment for block D ... without the hat! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Well, I'm now off to watch the "Dancing With The Stars" semi-final and help the poor lady just mentioned with her weeding! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

6 comments:

Anita said...

Your blocks look great!! I am working on the house at the moment and yes it is a "building project"!!!

By Hoki Quilts said...

Hey, you're almost out of the dark side and into the bright lights of patchwork, for a novice you are doing just a fab job - really!
Keep it up, there's not much left to do really.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Looking good...you are on track now...working on August's block in August...well done on the wreath blocks, I had trouble with the instructions for those as well - the cutting part at least because...well...they shrunk in the process and I had to "fudge"...

Chookyblue...... said...

your doing so well Kris.......great catching up..........and great piecing......did you stitch the watering can???
....only one more night now of Dancing with the stars.......

Love Bears All Things said...

I knew that was you before I ever got to the bottom to see your siggy...Way to go! I love what you did with the Dog's ball...and your flower and wreath blocks are just great...You're sure to catch up soon.
Mama Bear

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Your wreath blocks are perfect, well done! I reckon the gardeners amongst us need to do some comparison photos. I'm sure Anni was using my rear end as a model for the weeding one.