1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Chooky's progress............

Sammie asked me how I was going with the SAL..............well I have block A completed..........yippee.....
a few weeks ago I just wanted to fiddle so I joined lots of pieces of all the blocks and they are all safely in snap lock bags.......
some garden inspiration.......I am stitching the flower wreaths at the moment.........
stitching progress......tools done, dog house all but done......both the wreaths should be finished tonight.........and the house well I am loving stitching it......... actually enjoying the simple straight lines...........but so I didn't get overwhelmed I have only traced a bit stitched it and then traced a bit more.........I had been stalling on it....but finally made the start..........
and I stuffed up awhile ago and traced the wrong stitchery.........here is block B but it isn't complete.......the big blue block is supposed to have 2 hearts on it but it just doesn't fit with me so I am trying to decide if I need a stitchery there or not..........
I have worked out a plan I think to put in there..............what do you think???
and I was struggling to work out where this stitchery went...........but finally found it in block "F"
so if you haven't got a block together show us your progress anyway..........the blog is on fire this weekend with posts and blocks completed.........well done girls...........keep up the great stitching........
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue
PS i could be a bit slow updating the sidebar over the next few weeks...
......I comment on posts as I update the sidebar.............

9 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

I didn't catch that about the hearts although I saw them on someone's block..Have to check my book..I was the same way about that flower basket..I had traced it but didn't know where it went so didn't stitch it, thought maybe it went in one of the other projects in the book..then when I was putting F together, there it was so I had to take a break and stitch it...Thanks for showing us your progress.
Sammie
Mama Bear

Bec said...

Great to see your progress, looking lovely!
Not sure what to suggest to replace the appliqued hearts with, another applique or replace the big block with some smaller pieced blocks???? Be good to see what everyone else suggests.

Nicky said...

Love your progress Chooky, it is such a great effect stitched in the one colour. I was also not sure about the hearts, they just don't seem to tie in with the rest of the quilt, watch this space!

Cubby House Crafts said...

I love your background fabric...matches your fabrics perfectly!
Yes, I see what you mean...it is quite large, maybe it could be broken down into smaller patchwork blocks??
Lisa ʚϊɞ

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Wow you are going great guns. Must get moving

Unknown said...

Your block is yummylishcious!!! Yes, I know not a real word. Love the blue!!!!! I have just finished the stitching on my July block and just need to piece it.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Love the look of the stitcheries in blue work...looks great with your choice of fabrics.
Mmm, I'm not too sure about using heart applique either, I'll have to come up with something else to use there too...just don't think hearts will work with my reproduction fabric range and that shape doesn't work in my head with the garden theme.

Margaret said...

I lost that little bag for block F so did another one that didn't have a place. The bluework stands out with the other colours of the fabric lovely idea.

suzitee said...

oh how I love the blue stitching! I'm glad I didn't see this before I started, or I may have had to copy you ;) Great progress Chooky, it's looking awesome!