1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Block H completed!!

Two blocks completed in one week for me is pretty unheard of - but there you have it!! I have completed my July block and it's only early August - only about 11 days late!!


I'm glad there wasn't as much stitching in this block as the previous one though! I was happy that it all went together fairly well! And I'm happy with my colours!


And again I foundation pieced this little violet wreath square because I found it easier to do that way! So now I have traced the blocks for August and started stitching tonight - hopefully they will be completed in time and assembled before the end of August! It's really great to see everyone's blocks coming together so nicely!


6 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Congrats on finishing another block..I thought this one went together easier than some of the others...You're looking good!
Mama Bear

suzitee said...

YAY! Go Fiona!Your blocks are looking great...well done!

Grethe said...

Yes,I agree, Looks good:-) Very nice to see the stitching with the red thread. Happy Stitching!

Chookyblue...... said...

wow your on fire..........nearly 1/2 way then it is all down hill...........how is the knee going???

Jytte R said...

It all looks very lovely and I agree with the foundation og the wreath.
Jytte

Jindi's Cottage said...

It's looking great in redwork...I like the way the corner triangles of your wreath block "float".