1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Block H finished!


Well I only missed the deadline by 14 hours. That's really good for me. I'm glad I waited until my old eyes were fresh again.
This is the wreath block that's wonky. (As mentioned in my post 31/7.) The one in block C was okay. I have decided that I won't redo it. I'll just look at this block with one eye closed and my head on a slant. :-)
Glad to see others are posting their finished blocks.
Kayly
Brisbane, Australia.

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

top effort other block done.......don't worry about the wreath block........it will just jell into the rest of the quilt once it is together........

Love Bears All Things said...

Looks fine to me and like Chookyblue said, it will all jell into place once it is finished.
Mama Bear

Bec said...

Looks lovely! Even your wreath block; mine came out not big enough and I had to add wider borders onto it, and the points got chopped off! Nah, not redoing mine either - it will add to the charm of the quilt. The Amish apparantly deliberately put at least one mistake in their quilts, called humility blocks so they don't become too prideful over their work....

Jindi's Cottage said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your quilt together in those beautiful fabrics.
I had the same issues with the wreath blocks as Bec did...yay! it wasn't just me. I always feel perfection in quilts is over rated...I like the little quirks that make each quilt unique and truely hand made.

Margaret said...

The old saying " it isn't going stop a galloping horse " is used often and I am sure a galloping horse isn't going to stop and look at your work to see a wrong bit, he is going to come by and say OOOH! I would love that blanket OOOH! how can I make her love me.

suzitee said...

just beautiful...as it is :)