1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

....And May is finished!

Earlier this month, in the very beginning, I considered dropping out of the group.  I'm sure if I had done that, Nature's Journey would simply become a UFO...My Birthday was the fourth, my sister had been very ill for a week and they had taken her off the respirator....I prayed she wouldn't die on my Birthday...it was just after midnight on the 5th. We buried her on the 9th.

At that point, I had prepped 2 of the large squares and all of the small.....I'm glad that I didn't quit because, look, today is the 18th and I am finished.

I do not like doing the leaves at all...so you can see my blossoms only have one each....I see that one of the squares for the next section has multiple leaves....I am going to begin with that one, do a couple of the leaves, move on to another square, then come back and do a couple more leaves. That way I can break up the task.
I find myself with a couple of extras: a heart and a hexagon so I may use those for part of the next section.
I went in the craft room this morning to cut some large squares and discovered I'd used all of the fabric, except for a couple of strips for the small squares...so its off to Hobby Lobby for me today.
I have been visiting you all but haven't really commented....you are doing great and I enjoy seeing every one's work.
Happy Stitching, 
Sammie
AKA: Mama Bear
Bears at Home

10 comments:

Clare said...

So sorry for loss. I hope you have many special memories of the years gone past of sister that will be as blessings through this time. Your blocks are lovely and hope this will be a quilt that you are able to work on thinking of those times you spent with her. Once we have finished this SAL I pray it feel a blessing to you as you use the quilt. Keep Stitching. Hugs.

Maria said...

Sorry to read of your loss. Sew pleased you have keep doing your Natures Journey. Your blocks are lovely.
Hugs Maria.

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
creations.1 said...

My thoughts are with you and your family. It is hard to settle into doing something during a time like this. Sewing has been my therapy and go to during the tough times. Your blocks are beautiful and will always hold special meaning for you. Remember to give yourself some TLC during the coming months.

suzitee said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. This quilt will have special meaning to you when it's done. Well done on continuing...loving your blocks!

Chookyblue...... said...

so sorry to hear you lost your sister earlier this month......stitching can heal lots of things........and remember when you stitching someone in the group is probably stitching at the same time.........sending hugs from your SAL friends........hang in there.........

Susan said...

A big hug from me - how very sad for you, but I think its good that you have kept going. This can be a very special quilt to hold those memories of your sister. Chookyblue is right - we are all joining you in spirit.

Dawnie said...

Sorry for your loss, that is very sad, but how wonderful that you have continued to stitch, it really is a great escape from all of lifes pressures and now it will be a very special quilt for you. Lovely.

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

My condolences! Few words to say at a time like this. My prayer for you is that you find peace at this very difficult time in your life. Hopefully stitching these blocks will help. hugs from Canada!

Fiona said...

So sorry for your loss Sami....
Hugz