1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, May 3, 2015

April's post ...... just a tiny bit distracted

I am a little late, I think I had a tiny excuse ........ I got married on 11 April 2015.

I had a wonderful day, surrounded by wonderful friends and family, the weather was perfect and we had so much fun.




I was slightly distracted at getting my blocks completed, but as Chooky said "no excuses".  I am so enjoying this SAL - it's a challenge but is coming together beautiful.  I'm a little fussy, needle turn is not easy for me, I can see improvement for me each month. I'm loving my chosen fabrics, blue is out of my comfort zone.  Everyone seeing my work says it looks great. 



Loving seeing the SALs blogs, your work is totaling inspiring to me. I especially love the brighter fabrics. I'm so looking forward to putting the quilt together and seeing all finished quilts. 

Happy stitching
Hugs Meg 






13 comments:

Maria said...

Congratulations and sew nice to share your beautiful day...

You still managed to get you gorgeous blocks done...

Bizzy Martine said...

Congratulations!!! Beautiful wedding pictures!!! Lovely blocks!!!

Anonymous said...

congrats meg you look fantastic,love the pics and your blocks are looking fantastic xx

Fiona said...

congratulations Meg.. the best reason to not have the blocks on!
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

wow your blocks are looking great Meg.......and a flashy ring set in there too........lol.........gorgeous wedding pics......as I have said before huge congrats...very exciting to get married.........

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan... Congratulations on your BIG day. You look like a princess...


Sandyn

Asta Buchanan said...

Lovely wedding photos - Congratulations! And..... your blocks look great!

Susan said...

Congratulations! Well done on your blocks too.

FloS said...

Congratulations !!
It's amazing you had time to make your blocks too !!
Florence

chrisi said...

Congratulation,nice your blocks

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Congratulations Meg! Your blocks look amazing as does your family picture! Lovely wedding day!

Marlene said...

Meg, so glad you posted your pics! Congratulations, you all look gorgeous. Well done on your stitching too!

Marg said...

Congratulations. Beautiful wedding photos. Beautiful SAL blocks.