My week sitting around in the hospital and motel turned into 4 days but it did produce the finished June blocks. Very pleased to have them done.
These are all of the completed June blocks together
The BIG Blocks
The LITTLE blocks. The little bug has been appliqued and does have a head and legs - the bright green I used is just not showing up too clearly. I am thinking that I an going to take a photo of all of the blocks together as a record of ALL THE HOURS OF HAND SEWING!!!
I have only trimmed the February blocks so far - I will have a night of trimming in the very near future!!
Before I went I set up the centre block so this week I have started on that - the photo doesn't do it justice but I am really happy with how it came together. Now, fellow bloggers, this took 6 hours to set up!!! I ended up placing baking paper over the pattern and ironing the applique pieces to that then I peeled it all off in one piece and placed it on the pieced background.
I have read ahead and boy oh boy there is some work a coming up!!! I am going to start cutting out the gazillion little 2" and 1.5" blocks for the borders and start sewing them together. I am not really on a roll - just on a mission to have the top completed this year so I don't end up with another UFO in the cupboard!!!! I have a couple of additions to the borders in mind but more on that later if they come to fruition!!