So I got my fabric (post here) and I read the directions and did my cutting as per the directions...I was totally on top of this with all the intentions of the world to stay on top of this project. Well then we started calving which took a lot of my time and then I feel ill on top of it all. Everything went on the back burner, I was working on Hickory Hills and BOM Raggedy and Friends. This summer I got everything back, feeling much better and I finished Hickory Hills and Raggedy and Friends. The only thing left on my plate was Tis The Season. So on Saturday feeling great that I have finally finished my projects I pulled out this project. To realize that I have not even traced the Stitchery on to my fabric, so I did that. Sunday came and started doing my stitching, by the end of the day I have 3 done!! Man did I feel great. So this morning, I pieced these 3 blocks together so I at least had something seeing how most of you have pretty much completed your quilt tops.
I know that this is not the order that they are suppose to be in but I am doing it a little different as I have a little different fabric and thread so I don't want to get it all mixed up as that would totally suck. So I am just working on the Block "A" s right now. And I have completed the first 3.
I have a question for all of you: When you started piecing your blocks did you notice that you were short strips – for example it says Six (6), 4 ½” x 1 ½” – but when I pieced everything I actually needed Twelve (12), 4 ½” X 1 ½”.
Well I am hoping to have my top done by the end of next week if all goes as planned. As I really just need to do the stitchery as everything else is done. So by the end of September my quilt top should be done, and I can’t wait to show you all my progress.
Till Next Time,