1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Well done everyone for your efforts so far on the TIS and for your inspiration!!

I am seriously way behind on this gorgeous quilt however, having all of your wonderful inspiration and some of the beautiful  blocks to look at that you have already done inspired me to get back onto mine.

I have only done the one block and it is out or order, but it was my favourite so I did it first.
I am so embarassed about even putting it up seeing many of you are if not up to date, but even finished, but if we dont blog, no one knows where anyone is up to.

8 comments:

barb's creations said...

Don't be embarresed it's not meant to be a race as to who finishes first......just enjoy the stitching and watching it come together at your own pace.Love your first block and look forward to seeing the rest :) Barb.

Chookyblue...... said...

so long as you make the September deadline I am happy..........but I need you to keep plugging away slowly........and yes it is a SAL and the idea is to encourage those who are falling behind to keep up.......and those ahead well they ca n give us some inspiration of what we will achieve........

Kris said...

Don't feel embarrassed! Just keep going. I love your first block. I found it slow going at first but then really got into it as I went along. I also found that some of the blocks I wasn't that fond of at first glance were actually my favourites to stitch. Once you get stuck in to it it kind of takes over. Hope you enjoy the ride! I have decided to start stitch my second lot of blocks in June.

BubzRugz said...

Lovely block... a start is a start is a start.... here's to the next block...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

One is better then none Dawnie... I liked this one too....

Quilt Kitty said...

Now your started Dawn, this lovely pattern will suck you in & you will get more done. I did my favourites first too. Tracee xx

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

You must not feel embarassed! Life keeps us all busy so no worries. We are all in this together and we are here to encourage one another. I was slow deciding on my fabrics but after seeing a few blocks on this BLOG I was inspired. You will be too and you would be surprised how quickly they will come together.
happy stitching,
Holly

Anonymous said...

WEll done Dawnie....! It's all about encouraging others to keep up. You did have some distractions didn't you?? I've noticed that even 15 minutes at a time helps... the blocks get done quickly in not much time. Good luck! :)