1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Looking like the next SAL...........

I'm thinking the SAL for next year may be projects from this book.................
lots of stitchery and applique...........
I don't want to show to much yet as this book is just about to hit the shops but it is gorgeous...........AND I don't want to ruin the surprises for you..............
Keep Stitching............
Chookyblue...........

23 comments:

Elisa (AKA scrapcat) said...

I've had my book for weeks! Anni said I received mine before she got hers! Love this book - Love Anni! Book is easy to get ahold of here in the States.

SandyN said...

Great idea... Can't wait to get my book... which should be today...

Sandyn

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I think I might be in on this one!!!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I think I might be in on this one!!!

Cardygirl said...

Tease!

Anonymous said...

Oohh... I like that idea! Might have to pop into her shop and pick myself up a copy! ;)

Cubby House Crafts said...

I have just ordered my book through Anni's shop, I can't wait for it to arrive now!!
Lisa

Jo in TAS said...

Helen bought me back a copy from the US, it's gorgeous! I've been drooling over all the sweetness!

Jo in TAS said...

PS Gotta make the tablerunner!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Yay! I was hoping...

Anonymous said...

what a great idea ;), count me in

Pepe said...

Oh! Chookyblue! I love you! The best choise, in my opinion!!! :)))

Joy McD said...

Uhoh! Looks like needle turn applique?! But very very cute!

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

What a wonderful plan...I so go for it! I have not recieved my copy of Annie's book yet but I can imagine it will be a 'winner'. I'm just so glad you are going on with the SAL...it has kept me sane! LOL
Holly

Elisa (AKA scrapcat) said...

I agree with Holly - glad we're going another round! I'm not an appliquer, but there's been so many amazing tutorials lately (check out today's Stash Manicure) that I'm willing to try it again :)

Kris said...

I tried to leave a comment on this yesterday, but either blogger or I had a big fail! Yes! I want in on this. Don't know what it will be like, but how could you resist something called, "Some Kind of Wonderful"?

*sigh*

Love that title!

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Mine is ordered and on it way. Cant wait to get it.

Pat said...

I just ordered mine too.
Looks great :0)

Lolastitchida said...

I already have this book and it is so beautiful! I am definitely in on this again and can't wait! Great choice again Chookyblue!

kokina said...

i love Anni Downs!
my book should be here in a couple of days.

wonderful idea Chooky!
i would like to be in of course :)
hugs
Francesca

Sonia said...

Oh chooky your always one ot inspire...love the look, have ordered the book and can't wait for it too arrive...now to finish all other projects so I can enjoy it!!!

Grethe said...

I ordered the book from
www.colonialcrafts.com in USA on May25 It only took a few days to arrive.The book has been my night-
study-book every night since.
GREAT :0)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about this book. I received it a few weeks ago and don't know which project to start first. I would really like to join in the next group project, do I need to register, what do I need to do xxx Meg