1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's been a long time coming .........

.....but finally I have Block C pieced together.  Only two to go now!!!  You may notice the dog's kennel isn't named yet - there is some debate in our home about which dog's name should be on that kennel - so we'll see who wins that battle.


Apologies for the poor photo, taken in a hurry on a dreary day.  Is anyone else still having issues getting blogger to upload photos at the moment?  It's taken me two days to get this post finished. 

I'm loving all those Tis the Season blocks - they are amazing!!

Till next time .................. happy stitching(along) .......Nicky

7 comments:

Nicky said...

*****

Cubby House Crafts said...

Beautiful stitching Nicky! Thats a good block to have done, I can still remember stitching all those pickets!lol!
Lisa

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Congrats Nicky...it looks great!!!

Love Bears All Things said...

No problems at present....

That house took me forever and my lines weren't all that straight. This and the one with the girls are the most time consuming. good job
Mama Bear

Chookyblue...... said...

hey no worries about the dogs name.......the one I put on the kennel is now dead.............woops........old age.......the block looks great.........keep plodding away on the last 2.......blogger was having some issues but I think mine is right now.......

Amanda said...

Gorgeous work!!! :) I haven't had any problems with uploading photos but my blog reading list was down for 2 days. I was going crazy, finally back up today.

Chookyblue...... said...

Looking good Nicky.........blogger sure was having a hissy fit last week..........
the dogs name I used is now since dead..........glad I used it though as we had him for about 14-15 years.........