1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Nothing like a bit of whipcracking to get me motivated!

Chookyblue is the finest whipcracker I know, with only four blocks left to stitch and two blocks to make Chooky set me the task of dedicating 15 minutes a day to stitching my GJ and I had to show her my progress by Friday, so here it is Chooky!
Birds in the Tree Done

Lawnmower Done

Smell the Roses Started and
these happy ladies traced and ready to go.
So next Friday Chooky I'll report on next weeks progress, who knows, maybe I'll have the top completed by then.
Happy Stitching Everyone!

11 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

...

Kris said...

Nice work Jo! It looks beautiful. Can't wait to see it next week.

Pip said...

Lovely work Jo, you can get quite a lot of stitching done in 15 minutes a day, you've done well, looking forward to next week's post now.

Vickie said...

way to go Jo, it truly is amazing how much you can achieve with just a little bit a day-I know that is how I get it done,cheers Vickie

Vickie said...

oopsy forgot to say your stitching looks grand,cheers Vickie

Chookyblue...... said...

oh wow I must have scared you with that whip.....great progress for a few days work............looking forward to nest weeks report............AAAA+++++ for effort with the scare of a whip....lol

Seams Sew Together said...

Well done Jo, you'll get there soon.

Love Bears All Things said...

You are moving swiftly now, keep it up...we'll see more progress later in the week.
Mama Bear

Elisa (AKA scrapcat) said...

Great job! Keep it up!

Cubby House Crafts said...

Good on you Jo! Looking great!
Lisa

Unknown said...

Way to go, they look great!