1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, May 6, 2012

More Blocks!

Hello!  :)

I still haven't cut the fabric for the strips and blocks yet, but I have managed to get more blocks done.  :)  Now I'm ahead of schedule . . . with the blocks anyway.  ;)


Here's a close up  of the sewing block . . .


I really LOVE this one!!! Wonder why?  ;)  I haven't cut the three mini quilts that go on this block yet so they'll be added later. I have a question that maybe you can help me with. Since I'm blanket stitching these pieces do I blanket stitch the mini quilts on this block too? Thanks for any assistance you can give me!  :)

Here's the best friends block . . .


I like the fabrics I choose for the friends but the faces and hair are bothering me for some reason. What do you think?

Here's a close-up of the gorgeous shoes . . .


Aren't they cool?!!!  :)  And how about that pink cat?


He's soooo cute!!! Yes it's a boy cat in pink!  ;)  His name is Bob. I had to give him up when I moved a couple of years ago.  :(  I really miss and love him. I'm sure he wouldn't have approved of me making him pink. He was a kitty with lots of personality and cat-titude.  ;)

I guess I'd better get my be-hind moving on the strips and blocks and start piecing this thing together so I can get some months checked off.

Until next time . . .


10 comments:

DAWNIE said...

Oh this looks great in Brights

FloS said...

oooh ! I love, love your blocks !!
Florence

Susan said...

Love your blocks - love the pink cat - who says cats cant be pink anyway? If you are worried about your faces - maybe a slightly darker thread for the faces?? - but they look fine in the picture.

Susie said...

I love the blocks and that fabric!!

Quilt Kitty said...

Your fabrics look better each & every block. I would blanket stitch on the blocks for continuity. Bob the cat wears his pink well! Tracee xx

Satu said...

Bob is so cute ;o) And I love your bright colours, Cherise. I think, I would blanket stitch the mini blocks too...

Michelle said...

Those blocks are gorgeous -- I love the scissors!

Barbara said...

This is adorable. I didn't get in on your stitch-a-long, and I'm afraid I can't catch up now, but I bought the book, and this got a high perch on my to-do list. So cute.

Bedstes Patchwork said...

Your blocks looks wonderfull.

Chookyblue...... said...

your cruising along........now to start putting all the blocks together.........