1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tis the Season SAL update.............

i'm sorry girls I am sure you have given up on me but the last few months are taking there toll...............
June was a write off but I did get my June blocks finished in July and also my July ones made it in by a skim in July..............I think .....maybe it was July at the end of the time zones.........
So here they all are and August is as good as done to in the bottom middle...........just need to sew the running stitching around the edge..........and my label (wreath block) is traced and ready to start the stitching...............
As I only have fat 1/4s of this fabric I will put a white border around the blocks and then use the left overs for a scrappy binding............what do you think???
&&&
How is everyone esle going:???? making progress??? 
We all need to finish this by the end of September..........
Keep up the great stitching.............
Chookyblue

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I'm Chooky's little sister.

Just thought that I'd post on her above message 'cause I know that you will all be checking in on it and many of you posting.

CHOOKY IS CELEBRATING A SPECIAL BIRTHDAY ON MONDAY. She will be too modest to tell you ...... so make sure you send her a special birthday wish.

I know how much she loves her blogs and the contact that she has with all of you.

And Chooky - DO NOT DELETE this message :)

Happy Birthday to my wonderful big sister! You deserve a wonderful day. You have always been there for me, you are a great support and give me direction at times when I need it. You are my friend and I love you lots xoxoxo

Fiona said...

Thanks for the heads up Chooky's little sister.....
The quilt looks great... I do love the happy colours you have chosen....
Have a lovely weekend and I hope you can get a bit of R&R soon...
Hugz

Love Bears All Things said...

Hey, your quilt top is looking good....Let me just say Happy Birthday now because I know with the time difference, it will be Monday there before it is here.
Mama Bear

Cubby House Crafts said...

Your quilt looks beautiful...so lovely and festive in the fabrics you have used!I am a bit behind but have nearly stitched a block today.
Also thankyou to chicken little...lol...for letting us know about your birthday, and I hope that you are thouroughly spoiled on Monday and enjoy your day.
Lisa

DAWNIE said...

Nice work Chookyblue - looks very festive and am sure you are very happy with it. Happy Birthday for Monday you young thing.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that she didn't delete your comment... Chooky's little sister! Good on you for sharing her birthday with everyone!! Great blocks Chooky... they look great!

Vicky said...

What lovely bright fabrics. Just what you need at Christmas time :-)

Anonymous said...

Great blocks....!! Have updated your count as well!!