1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Another Quilt Top finished for the Group

Donna can you please mark me off as completing my quilt top.

With work committments slowing down now, I've had the pleasure of getting back to my sewing machine.


The borders have been attached with a little green peeper to break it up. I've got a lot of left over fabrics so I think I will make a scrappy border once I get back to the quilting. I've also got some more blocks stitched that I want to turn into a little Xmas hanging.

10 comments:

becky said...

Your quilt is so beautiful! What a great feeling it is to get a project completed! And I love your little green "peeper" to break things up, great idea!

Anonymous said...

I've now noticed that I should have made one of the borders very wide. Not sure if I should change it?

Fiona said...

It's lovely... so cheerful... personally I think the border is fine but at the end of the day you need to be happy with the result...
Hugz

Jo in TAS said...

Love the peeper! Great Finish!

Cardygirl said...

Gorgeous Fiona!

Love Bears All Things said...

That is simply beautiful...love the green.

Vicky said...

I didn't leave my border as wide, but I was happy with the end result. I don't think it hurts to tweak things a little and put your own spin on it. It looks great :-)

Jindi's Cottage said...

Looking good...love the green pepper...and the borders look fine to me...

Anonymous said...

Thank you to everyone who commented... I think I'll leave the borders as I'm sure I have wadding to suit. I also have more green fabric to use as the binding. Can't wait to get back to it.

Chookyblue...... said...

looks great Fiona........now to tackle the quilting.........nearly done...........