1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Can you hear that?

I can...the sound of the wrath of Chookyblue bearing down upon me!
And deservedly sew...oops I mean so. I have not been a very good stitchalong groupie this year and have totally lost my oomph with this...despite Chooky's gentle (and not so gentle) encouragement and the inspiration I get from seeing everyone's wonderful finishes. I have three blocks stitched, four more traced, the blocks all together and ....blah. I think I just need to allocate some time each week and stick to it.
One hour per week sounds do-able...what do you think?
Cardygirl xx

12 comments:

Satu said...

Your TIS will be gorgeous, the fabrics are splendid! So don't give up now... one hour per week sounds very do-able! The stitcheries of TIS are quite easy and quick;)

By Hoki Quilts said...

Keep on going, you can do it. I found just having my stitcheries alongside where I mostly sit was handy so each time I sat I sewed. They soon got done.
good luck. Miche'le

Pia said...

I did one thread every day and now I'm done, so it works all right :-)

Kris said...

Yes! You can do it! Just set some time aside. I love that you have them all together already. I was fooled! Thought it was another "I'm done" post!

Anonymous said...

it looks great Alison

Vickie said...

looking good, maybe aim for 15mins a day sounds better then 1 hour a week eh? (ok that's just my warped way of thinking) cheers Vickie

Cardygirl said...

Thanks for the suggestions and support...now to put it into action!

Deborah, Daisychain Quilter said...

I also have had a gentle push from Chooky. I needed and deserved it. She is wonderful for giving praise and encouragement. I now can get a block done it a few days. Keep going, it will be worth it.

Anonymous said...

I had mine joined to my hip. Every spare minute at the bus stop waiting for kids I was stitching. I did also probably do at least half a block at night (yes, each night!) too! Good luck with getting it finished!!

Lyn said...

I have been one of those who was lagging well behind the others too- no wrath only lots of encouragement as I completed each lot of stitching- so the push came on this month and I have now completed the stitcheries- I am now dithering over how I want to piece them together... You can do it....

Vicky said...

So bright and cheerful. You should be very proud. Great job :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

about time you showed your self here........the whip has been cracked..........get stitching..........I know you can't function without some sewing.........
a thread stitched here and there and it will be done in no time..........