1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Almost Stitching...

My background fabric Finally arrived last week - yippeeeee...thought that was Never going to happen...

Have washed and ironed a suitable amount for the stitcheries and spent this morning measuring, cutting and tracing...I've decided to do all the prep in one go so I can just pick up the next block's bag and keep going regardless of what gets chucked at me timewise as in a few weeks my work colleague is going on a holiday and I will be working her shifts as well and given that I am already on the back foot I figure if the prep is done then it will be easier to keep moving forward....

I've about 2/3rds of the stitcheries traced but work is about to get in my way and stop that for the day...

Hope to be back in a day or so with some stitchy progress...Yay I finally get to stitch!!!

Annette

6 comments:

Grethe said...

Glad to hear ,lucky you :-)
Enjoy it all; I started stitching the house yesterday,nice,but takes time. Happy Stitching!

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Don't worry I think you will catch up to us slow coaches. My fingers are going as fast as they can, but I see there a several finished block As already.

Margaret said...

Look forward to seeing your work, regards

Love Bears All Things said...

I think that is a great idea. I am thinking that I'll go ahead and get the next block's stitchery pieces traced so I can keep going. Who knows what might come up to keep us from doing up the block. This way, we'll have something to keep working on should that happen.
Mama Bear

Lolastitchida said...

I had to wait quite a bit for my book so I just finished stitching the bird bath and am halfway through watering the garden so hope to be able to post my first block this weekend. Have fun stitching!

Chookyblue...... said...

go for it.........