1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, April 24, 2017

The Plan.....

Wow - 15 of us confirmed for the Stitch-A-Long.... and a couple who are undecided at this stage..... There's still room for more if you are thinking about it.....

Here are a couple more pictures of the actual quilt which have been sent by Michelle ....



some close ups of a couple of the blocks....






Did you know the original quilt went missing /was stolen??????  Very sad but a bunch of people got together and made a new one - almost identical .....so Michelle still has one of her own....

In the book Michelle has a wonderful layout diagram for the quilt so this is going to be the basis for our making plan.....

As you can see we will start with the blocks in June.... which gives us May to make sure we have the fabrics and maybe make one of the smaller projects in the book?????  There are some lovely doorhangers and gift tags that I'd like to do...


This morning I added names with links to your blogs on the right sidebar 2017 SAL ... please double check they work to your correct blog (some people have several links) and let me know if anything needs to be changed.

I also invited you to be blog authors (some already are) so those should come through too.

Happy fabric hunting.......


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome plan Fiona,looking forward to this,my link is working and i am a Author so all good my end,thankyou xx

Clare said...

My link is working too,so thank you Fiona and Raewyn. I have the book and brought the threads so now to sort fabric`s. Happy Stitching.

Narelle said...

All good and my book is ordered.
I must say I'm pleased the plan rolls over to next year ... was wondering how I'd keep up for a finish by this Christmas :)

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Oh no...my link is not working. Is there something I should do from my end? Please let me know.
Also, are my eyes just not working? I don't see a plan for May...hummm...or is that a holly-day? LOL Looking forward to our fun together.

Anonymous said...

The pictures aren't showing up for me. I'm going to see if I can get the book here before I commmit.

Lolastitchida said...

The pictures are not showing up for me either--the first three

Lori

Deb R said...

Ohhh dear....count me in too please!!!! I have the book and need to just sort out some fabric...from me stash...yay

Susan said...

I must be crazy...but sign me up....got the book, plenty of Christmas fabrics and I'm sure threads will be easy....

Anonymous said...

My book came this week! I'm ready to go! LOL

Maxine (Simple Ways Simple Days) said...

Hi Fiona, can i still join the stitch along? i will need to sort out blog situation though and get the book.
Maxine