Popping in to show that I have met my May goal....
and still about 8 hours to go until June 1, here in the USA...
I was able to show all of the "sewing block" and some of the strips in this first photo.....I embroidered my thread spools and my buttons are really buttons.......for the tape measure, I used a little strip of the real thing...also, I miscalculated when tracing off the words, thus my tiny quilt blocks are at the top of my block.
I was hoping to crop the "Best Friends" block enough so you
could see the hair and legs but nada...I used
the colors of my hair for the lady on the right
and my best friend: Rene's on the left....then I embroidered
our names beside the dresses.....I added lace and
Rick Rack trim to my hems....the legs are flesh toned.
I didn't think I would make the deadline as I couldn't
get in the mood to do it for the first week and then
the blocks were much more detailed than others
we've done...Luckily for me I had sewn the patchwork
in April so it was ready to go....
I have almost finished my Cat block and the
shoe block:substituted an embroidered bear
since bears are one of my favorite things....
Shoes: not so much.