Sunday was a lovely wet drizzly day here, so was perfect for stitching. I had been struggling to get a day where I could make a big mess while putting some sashings together so that I could finish December and January's sections. Finally the day had arrived.
So, what have I achieved?
I made all the sashings for the quilt, except for the top row, which needs a stitchery to be completed, and pieced all the squares for the second column of blocks. December is completed.
|Rather appropriate, given the weather.|
I also tailored the suitcase block to suit me. I changed "Rome" to "Paris" and "USA" to "IOM" (Isle of Man). I haven't been to New Zealand, but plan to in the next few years, so I left that there.
January's blocks are also finished.
Like everyone else, I have found it hard to get a photo once it was all sewn together.
The bottom sashing is completed, but was too hard to show in the photo, so please tick me off for the two months.
My plan was to be up to date by the end of February – I still have 2 days to go, but it is not looking very promising. Then again, if I really make an effort….we’ll see.