1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, June 14, 2010

Lots of thanks ..............



Here we are,my DD and me,at the plant-nursery and picking flowers for you,a whole a trolley full to thank you ever so much for posting nice words to me,both here and direct to my email. Very sweet of you:0) I definitely should have come around to you lot, but you probably understand why not!!! The flowers will be planted here in Oslo-Norway,for the time being ..... :-)




About one stitch(!!)a minute,approx. one hour a day,making slowly progress on the stitchery.The tools were done earlier,but the wreath now and a real match to my arm. I have not done any sewing on the machine,hopefully a bit in the coming weekend.
Have you noticed the plaster is violet! Great! They cut the old plaster off,checking the X-ray and decided a soft bandage was not good enough. New plaster will do the trick and in another fortnight I`ll be "right as rain":-)
That means soon I`ll catch up with Chookyblue`s plan,which I love to follow.
My DD is writing this for me as a one hand-system is very difficult.

4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Grethe lovely to hear from you........nice that you are managing a few slow stitches........hope your arm mends well.........lucky you had you daughter to type this for you..........

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Hope your arm is getting better. Glad to hear that you are making slow progress.

Love Bears All Things said...

Little at a time is great considering your arm is in a cast...take care.
Mama Bear

Jytte R said...

Dear Grethe,
Don't be impatient. You will soon come back and catch up with June. Hopefully your hand will heal well. Take care.
Jytte R