1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Gardener's Journal..........

The Stitch-a-long blog was set up to support a group of bloggers interested in stitching A Gardener's Journal.......
........welcome to the girls who have joined............
Each month I will post what the goal of the month is (see left side bar)..............you can follow this or do what you want but it would be good if we kept each other motivated on the same section. The quilt is broken up into 9 sections so one section each month starting April gets us to December so we should all have them done by the end of January (free catch up month)..............
A few girls have started the quilt but not got it finished so hopefully this will be the motivation to get it completed.
You have to purchase the book to join in. All the directions patterns etc are in it. available here
If you want to join in leave a comment on this post.
Take Care til next time..............
Chookyblue
EDIT -make sure I can contact you if you want to join...........if you are not replyable I cannot contact you.............

23 comments:

jodie said...

ok, officially, I am in!

Isabella said...

please count me in on this one my friend did this one 2008 just today I brought home her actual quilt to try to get me motivated to get a move on with mine and then found your post, what more motivation can a girl/oldie ask for.

Kate said...

Count me in, will send DH to get the book hopefully it will be here by the weekend :)

DAWNIE said...

How good do you feel Chooky Peg and Dale for having inspired so many people. Well done - should be fun.

Cubby House Crafts said...

Thankyou so much for organising this! The blog looks fantastic, so eager to start now, after reading all the posts!
Lisa

Kylie said...

Please count me in. Have brought fabric and am getting cracking. Kylie xxx

Liz said...

Alright, it keeps popping up everywhere I look so I guess I'm in - who needs sleep anyway???
I've had the book for a couple of years so just have to find fabric!!
Lizzie
XXX

Anonymous said...

Ok, enough thinking about it - count me in. I've had the book since it was hot off the press - time to find some fabric and get organised.

Terry said...

Please add me to your list! I've given in and decided to jump in on this stitch along with all of you. Guess my Polka Dot Girls will have to wait a little longer! LOL

Pia said...

Ok, I can't resist you anymore - count me in. Since I've had the book for some time now I guess it's time to get it done.

Pia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

I'm in too, like I need another one, but I have been looking for a legit reason to start not just "because I want to" and this will do for me - lol!
This is gonna be so much fun!!

Grethe said...

Great,I am ready,able and willing!
Please add me. The book is here, and so is the fabric. Super idea that you came up with.
Happy Quilting from Oslo,Norway.

Khris78 said...

Hi,
Im not sure if it went through the first time i tried a few days ago, but anyway i would love to join in the stitch a long if you'll have me :)
Cheers,
Khris

Sheryl said...

Hi Donna, how did you know I have a kit for this quilt in my cupboard, am I too late to join.. I hope not. Thanks to Stina's encouragment with the Angel quilt I managed to get it finished so this would be a helpful group to be in... look forward to hearing from you, Sheryl

Cindy said...

Howdy, I just purchased the pattern and it will take a week or so to get (however long it takes to get from Australia, I am in the US). I am looking forward to stitching this with everyone else.

chook said...

Hi Donna I hope I am not to late to join in on this
I picked up my book this morning
look forward to hearing from you hugs Beth

Satu said...

Ok, count me in too! This might be the best way to complete this quilt. I have stitched two stitcheries earlier, but they have ended up to the greeting cards;) So I'll start again... with you!

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I've got the book since a long time, It is a great occasion to start this quilt with you all ! May I join you ? thank you !

Nicky said...

Hi there,
Found this SAL this morning on Jo/Vintage Lane Stitches blog - and couldn't believe my eyes. I have had the book and border fabric sitting here for nearly three years, and I have looked longingly at it so many times, and thought, maybe just a bit big for me to tackle until I finish a few other things! But what a super way to be inspired by everybody else. So if you are still taking new quilters/stitchers, I am very keen to join in the fun. Nicky, New Zealand

Deborah, Daisychain Quilter said...

I found this site via 'The Angel and Pukeko blogspot' and would love to join. I have had the book sitting on my book shelf for some time now and this is group is what I need to get the project started.

Deborah, Daisychain Quilter said...

I found this group via 'The Angel and Pukeko blogspot'. I have had the book on my book shelf for some time and this group is just what I need to get the quilt started.

Cheryl from Brisbane said...

Please please, can I join to!!!!!!!!!
I bought the book today and I've just decided to use my stash of Paris Flea Market. Although there is Hannah Bella and probably enough left over from Sentimental Journey..... And I should also have nearly all the threads I need. So a good economical project for me all round. I don't have a blog up and running yet, but that should be soon. Met Chookyblue, Peg and Dale at Nundle this year when I came down with Heavens to Bettsy. Hope to start tracing tomorrow - my eyes are way too tired now. cksaul@telstra.com